About Jeremy Tomlinson and Alternative Horizon
Jeremy Tomlinson provides counselling to individuals, couples and
families in a safe, supportive environment. Clients are encouraged
to make change and find solutions at a pace that feels comfortable
to them. Jeremy also provides consultation, workshops and training
to community organizations.
Jeremy has a Human Services Counsellor Diploma from George Brown
College and a Master of Education in Counselling Psychology from
OISE/UT. Since graduating with his Masters he has completed further
training in Couple and Family Therapy, Sex Therapy and EMDR.
Jeremy is a member of EMDR-C
(EMDR Canada,) EMDRIA (EMDR International
Association) and is a EMDRIA
Certified therapist. Jeremy is an EMDRIA-Approved Consultant in EMDR and an EMDRIA-Approved Fraser Trained Facilitator. As well, Jeremy has attended
further training in EMDR Peak Performance (with Sam Foster, one
of the two creators of this approach), the EMDRIA International
Conference four times, and the EMDR-C conference five times.
As well, Jeremy is a Registered Social Worker, an OACCPP Certified
Counsellor and a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Facilitator with Niagara Stress and Trauma Clinic's Basic EMDR Training programs
- Previously Part-time Professor in the Social Service Worker programs at Humber College and Seneca College and the Human Services Counsellor program at George Brown College.
- Has facilitated training programs around the world on a variety
of topics including stress management, trauma, addictions, HIV/AIDS
and sexuality issues.
- Owned and operated Private Counselling Practice since January
- Specializes in Sex Therapy, Individual
and Couple Therapy and EMDR.
- Jeremy is also a volunteer for CNIB and reads audiobooks for the CNIB library. Through this work he has come to narrate an audiobook for Canadian Author, Russell Smith: www.amazon.com/Girl-Crazy/dp/B008G475KA